I was looking at the statistics for my website recently - which has a new look as of last night, by the way (Beth, yours is next, I promise) - and saw some interesting numbers. Here's some of what I found:
- November 2005 has had the highest amount of traffic so far at just shy of 33,000 hits and 272 unique visitors
- I am only about 5,000 hits away from 250,000 hits this year! When it rolls over sometime next month I have to figure out how to celebrate. Ideas?
- I've had visitors from about 18 countries this month. At the end of the year I'll compile a list of all the countries.
- I get the most traffic between 4am and noon with a peak around 9am. Who's up at 4am looking at my website? That's just TOO early. (But thanks for stopping by!)
- The average person stays at my site for 3.6 minutes
- Aside from my photo gallery - which accumulates a lot of hits just from looking through pictures - my blog has been viewed most at about 532 times this month
- I get most of my traffic through bookmarks but I get traffic through links from (in order of frequency): Beth Quick, Semester at Sea, Jockey Street, Laura in Japan, Locusts & Honey, and one or two here and there from Technorati and others.
It's nice to know that others are regularly making use of my site. I hope you are enjoying it as much as I enjoy doing it. Thanks!