It's been an exciting week here at Soup Questions and the P&P Blogroll. After a couple of high-profile links to a pair of my profiles (one of Photoshop Guy Matt Kloskowski and the other of Strobist David Hobby) this bog has seen a huge increase in readership. For three days in a row I had more than 200 unique visitors, topping out at 698 last Thursday, bringing more visitors last week than I had in all of April and pushing 3,000 for May.
This is going to be a busy week at work, keeping me fairly out of touch. I have a couple of additional profiles prepared already - one of Photoshop expert Justin Seeley and another of talented young photographer Joey Lawrence. So be on the lookout for those.
In the meantime, ere’s what’s been happening this week in The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll: (compiled on Sunday afternoon)
- Amy of 2007 Picture a day (or week) - "California Poppy"
- Paul of A Clean Well-Lighted Place - "Cloud"
- Kathleen of A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania - "White Farm"
- Dave at Dave Beckerman Photography: New York has a couple of nice infrared shots (1,2).
- Dave at Dave Cross Online wrote about a recent session he taught at the Digital Technology Centre in Sarasota, FL. Also, you know Lightroom is $299, but for the same price you can get a NAPP membership ($99) and then use the NAPP discount to get Lightroom ($199). So, for the same price you can get Lightroom and all the training you need through NAPP. (If you do become a member, be sure to say you were referred by me!)
- Richard from Europe in Black and White has a series of great shots from this week. Check them all out!
- Mike at eyes on the road just got his new passport and is preparing for a couple of photo trips.
- Joey of Joey Lawrence: Perception - our newest member, Welcome! - is leading a new photo workshop at VGallery.
- John of John Nack on Adobe always posts an interesting array of links from the world of photography, technology, and sometimes the unusual. Of particular note this week is a link to some CS3-inspired wallpapers.
- Matt of Lightroom Killer Tips has a video about virtual copies, a link to an interesting wedding photography site, and 10 tips to get started with Lightroom. Also, over at Photoshop Killer Tips, Matt has posted about making multiple adjustment layers, dodge and burn tricks, levels tips, zoom shortcuts, and creating borders.
- Lynda of One Day At a Time shares a photo from a recent hiking trip.
- Jim of PHOTOBLOG by Jim Larimer has a couple of new shots from Prince Edward Island.
- Scott of Photoshop Insider is just finishing his Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers. And Scott indroduces us to freshman NAPP team member Rafael Concepcion (RC).
- Justin of Photoshop Quicktips and SeeleyMedia.com is the subject of one of the next P&P Blogger Profiles.
- Jon at San Miguel Photo of the Day posts images of life in Mexico. This week: "Woman in yellow"
- Shooter at Serial Photographer - "What lies beneath"
- Mike of Simply Photography is back with a shot from Hong Kong. Sure brings back memories from my time there.
- David of Strobist wrote about improving the picture quality of your webcam and a DIY ringlight.
- Clayton of The C Spot has a shot he recently took for a developer in WV.
- Andy from The Global Photographer just announced a Tanzania Photo Safari for June 2008.
- Erik of The Journal: Life of a Persson - "The Stripes Have It"
- Andy of Visual Realia - "Structure as Art"
- Aaron of What the Duck - "WTD #221, 222"
- Martin of What the Heck Journal - "You Sock" and "All Grown Up"
- Ben of Where is Ben? - "Route 66" and "Exploring Superstition Mountains"
Update your blogs often! I will only include links to posts added since the last P&P Weekly.
As always, if you have any suggestions or notice a discrepancy, please email me.