A special thanks to all of those who have been a part of the P&P Blogger Profile series thus far. I will be posting two more this week. A few people have agreed participate and have not yet returned the profile form. I would like to encourage those of you on the blogroll who have not filled out the profile to take a few minutes to do so and send it back to me so you can be featured here. If you need another copy of the form, please email me and I will send one out to you right away. Simply email it to me along with a photo - either of yourself or one you've taken - and I will let you know when it will be posted.
I have received a couple of requests over the past month to be profiled and included in the blogroll that I have not yet decided on. I don't know what criteria is appropriate for inclusion. Certainly the most basic requirement is that you have to be either a photographer and/or Photoshopper with a blog. Should there be any further requirement? On the one hand "the more the merrier." I don't necessarily want to let my personal tastes get in the way because I want to be encouraging and inclusive. But should there be a quality element that I should consider as well? Invitation only? I'm open to suggestions.
This week we are doing sound for our 4th and final school musical of the season - Once Upon a Mattress - and so I'll be somewhat out of touch.
In the meantime, here’s what’s been happening this week in The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll:
- Amy of 2007 Picture a day (or week) - our newest member, Welcome! - has some great work, be sure to browse her gallery. From this past week, I especially like the simplicity and light in "White Fence."
- Paul of A Clean Well-Lighted Place has a couple of nice shots, "Baker's Feed Store" and "Black Car, Cuba" reminds me of my time in Havana in December of 2002.
- Kathleen of A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania has a really interesting shot called "Last Day of February" and I really like "The Way Home (Windshield)" and "Theresa at McGlinchey's on her Birthday."
- Bruce of Bruce L. Snell Photography has some shots from a recent shoot with the newest member of his extended family and from a cold shoot around Kansas City, MO with some friends.
- Mike of Creative Outlet has his 8th installment of his Picture A Week, some contenders for his "A Different England" project, his Lightroom Project Gallery, a lesson in knowing your equipment, and what he's learned about lighting during his PAW series.
- Dave at Dave Beckerman Photography: New York has posted some details about his limited-edition portfolios, a shot called "Apocalypto, Watering Hole," and his profile which was first featured here on New Year's Eve.
- Dave at Dave Cross Online has been teaching and shooting in Oklahoma and has spent the balance of the week at Adobe HQ. Dave is also auctioning off some of his Canada shirts from Photoshop TV to support St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
- Jason of Designfruit wrote about some new accounting software.
- Richard from Europe in Black and White has a nice shot called "Shadow Cross," a post on creativity and every day life, his new ACEO cards, and his free print for March.
- Michael over at eyes on the road wrote about the lunar eclipse, a shoot of architectural glass, and a profile of Steve Mulligan.
- John of John Nack on Adobe always posts an interesting array of links from the world of photography, technology, and sometimes the unusual. Of note this week is a post about converting JPEG to DNG and, related, using Lightroom and ACR to nondestructively edit jpegs, the announcement of hosted Photoshop, and some cool renditions of M.C. Escher paintings in Lego.
- Jim of PHOTOBLOG by Jim Larimer has a shot called "Rack'em Up."
- Scott of Photoshop Insider has a number of shots from his Yosemite shoot as well as a post about Adobe's Lightroom Support Center.
- Justin of Photoshop Quicktips posts a weekly podcast on handy tips and techniques in Photoshop. Last week's was all about high contrast, and this week's video is about a skin smoothing effect.
- Jon at San Miguel Photo of the Day posts images of life in Mexico. This week I really like "Huizache Chino in Bloom"
- Shooter at Serial Photographer always has great shots. My favorites this week are "Signs," "Rocket," and "Orange."
- Eduardo & Timothy of the 100 Images Project have just posted their most recent additions to the series.
- Andy from The Global Photographer has two images of the day (1,2).
- Andy of Visual Realia has some interesting shots taken with a Lensbaby and a star-shaped aperture.
- Aaron of What the Duck publishes a daily online photography comic strip. My favorite this week is "WTD 160-162"
- Martin of What the Heck Journal has 3 nice shots this week: "Melting Point," "'89 Chevy Caprice Classic II," and "Pretty in Pink."
- Ben of Where is Ben? has a post about his latest PS User article on tips for teachers.
Want to be added to The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll? Click here to find out how! Update your blogs often! I will only include links to posts added since the last P&P Weekly.
As always, if you have any suggestions or notice a discrepancy, please email me.