I'm now back after a very restful and long-needed vacation. A few cool things have been going on the past few days. I already posted about my 5th NAPP Editor's Choice selection, but I've also been in contact with Matt Kloskowski of PhotoshopTV and Photoshop/Lightroom Killer Tips fame and he has agreed to be profiled here at Soup Questions! He will be the 3rd "Photoshop Guy" and host of PSTV to be a subject of our series and you can expect to see it posted once I have it in-hand. At this point all I'll say about my last piece of cool news is that the one I want, as opposed to the one I could afford at the time, will be arriving at some point today. And I'll post more later this week.
In the meantime, here’s what’s been happening this week in The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll:
- Amy of 2007 Picture a day (or week) - my favorites from this week are "Pink" and "Big sky country"
- Paul of A Clean Well-Lighted Place - my favorite this week is "Untitled #3786 (Grain Series #5)"
- Kathleen of A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania - my favorites this week are "Saint Don" and "Girl Carrying the Flag of Saint Andrew's Cross"
- Bruce of Bruce L. Snell Photography shares a few shots from a 2003 wedding.
- Mike of Creative Outlet tells us of the new home of his Picture A Week gallery and the details behind this week's shot.
- Dave at Dave Beckerman Photography: New York has a number of interesting shots this week and also takes us through a number of details that go into his portfolio project.
- Dave at Dave Cross Online wrote about his trip to Houston, information about the upcoming upgrade to CS3, The new Sigma APO 200-500mm F2.8 EX DG lens, and a brain teaser from Adobe that could result in a t-shirt.
- Richard from Europe in Black and White has a great shot called "Bridge to nowhere"
- Michael over at eyes on the road has some shots of the Kansas City, MO skyline, watching a St. Patrick's Day parade go by his office window, and a nice shot of some pussy willows.
- John of John Nack on Adobe always posts an interesting array of links from the world of photography, technology, and sometimes the unusual. Of note this week is a post about some free Lightroom presets and a post about photographs made by tossing cameras with a long exposure.
- Matt of Lightroom Killer Tips - one of our newest members, Welcome! - has a video about using Quick Develop, a post about an upcoming photo workshop in Banff NP, and a video interview with Scott Kelby. Also, over at Photoshop Killer Tips, Matt has posted about changing the color of the default red stroke, creating a reflection, putting a photo in text, and a pair of quick mask tips.
- Mike of Mike's Blog and Creative Sweet TV - one of our newest members, Welcome! - wrote about the catastrophic success of his podcast.
- Jim of PHOTOBLOG by Jim Larimer has a really interesting full color bichromate print.
- Scott of Photoshop Insider has his Monday morning news report, a funny link to a "you know you're a photographer if..." list, the appearance of Big Electric Cat at Photoshop World, and some CS3 news.
- Justin of Photoshop Quicktips posts a weekly podcast on handy tips and techniques in Photoshop. Last week's was all about creating a flexible vignette, and this week's video is about creating abstract backgrounds.
- Jon at San Miguel Photo of the Day posts images of life in Mexico. This week I really like "Kicking up the dust"
- Shooter at Serial Photographer always has great shots. My favorite this week is "Spares or repair"
- Eduardo & Timothy of the 100 Images Project have just posted their most recent additions to the series. This week marks week number 49 of their 50 week series.
- Andy from The Global Photographer wrote about using PhotoShelter, the Leica M8, camera bags, and his thoughts from PMA.
- Erik of The Journal: Life of a Persson wrote about Pi Day.
- Andy of Visual Realia has a series of nice winter scenes.
- Aaron of What the Duck publishes a daily online photography comic strip. My favorite this week is "WTD 173"
- Martin of What the Heck Journal has 3 nice shots this week: "To the Top," "Wino," and "Writing On The Wall"
- Ben of Where is Ben? has a post about his latest PS User article on Smart Objects and a recent seminar in LA.
Update your blogs often! I will only include links to posts added since the last P&P Weekly.
As always, if you have any suggestions or notice a discrepancy, please email me.